Glasgow’s 5-day Job Shadowing experience has come to end and we are sure that all staff members who attended have had a fruitful week! The following activities were carried out as part of the training which Glasgow Science Centre prepared for the purpose of the RAISE project:
- Tour of Glasgow Science Centre (GSC), with a special focus on the ‘My World of Work’ exhibition space which was designed together with ‘Skills Development Scotland’
- Participants discussed how GSC develop and assess their outputs to ensure constant quality and amelioration, including the development process of a careers-based workshop, which is necessary for the project’s multiplier events and open education resources.
- Participants learnt how to cater for individuals with additional support needs, especially during development stage and upon presenting the content.
- Examples on how to work with Industry Experts, to complement raising awareness about the need of students taking up STEAM careers
- Participants experienced firsthand the workshops which are used at GSC, to inspire and challenge students to take up STEAM-related careers.
- Methods developed by GSC were shared with participants on how to engage with disengaged groups, through the use of the Science Centre itself.
Thank you once again Glasgow Science Centre for this amazing experience!